- Do you have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), but you don’t like your CPAP?
- Have you tried several masks for your CPAP, but none seem to work?
- Do you feel tired and without any energy even when you sleep for long enough?
How Inspire Works
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea
What is Inspire?
- Inspire therapy is an FDA approved and clinically proven neurostimulatory device that works with your natural breathing process to significantly reduce sleep apnea events and improve quality of life.
- Nerve stimulation therapy represents the most recent advancement in sleep surgery. Electrical stimulation of the tongue prevents falling back of the tongue and soft palate into the airway. The stimulation is not painful and does not wake patients up from sleep.
- Please watch the short video on the left “How Inspire Works” for additional information
Is Inspire Therapy Right for You?
- You may be a candidate for Inspire therapy if you:
- Have moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea
- Are unable to tolerate or benefit from CPAP
- Are over the age of 22
- The first step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ashley Dao to evaluate your overall health status and perform an examination of your airway anatomy to determine if Inspire therapy might be a suitable alternative for you.
- What to Expect
- The system is placed under your skin during a short surgical procedure, usually in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia.
- You may return to a regular diet and most activities of daily living immediately after your procedure.